Tuesday, September 28, 2010

24 September 2010, Friday, Supplementary

A man, wearing a crushed brown hat, wrinkled black shirt, red suspenders, and psychedelic sunglasses, hair and beard salt and peppered (I've changed aspects of his physical description for this post), was shopping the food aisles of the dollar store. He passed me on his bicycle on my walk back to the bus stop. I see him differently now. Wondered about his story. Before this week, I would have seen only his sunglasses (Were they really going round and round in fast, orange swirls?).

Waiting for me when I got home--a fall catalogue from H. Halpern Esq.: Are you stylishly casual by day, and elegantly dressed by night? Or are you sartorially splendid at business, and casually attired when the sun goes down? Whether beneath the moon or under the sun, no matter what your personal style of dress, we have the shirts, ties and accessories to suit.

Overwrought shirts from $198 to $278, ties from $98 to $128, and socks from $14 to $38.

No comments:

Post a Comment