Saturday, September 25, 2010

21 September 2010, Tuesday

The Social Planning Council's Put Food in the Budget / Do the Math Challenge arrived in my e-mail box yesterday. I decided to undertake it because I'd undertaken a similar social justice challenge a few years ago without entirely respecting its parameters. I want to make up for that. 

I've never been in the country called Hunger (they do things differently there). Glad I'm not visiting in winter.


I'm also lucky. There's a grocery store within a few minutes' walk of my home, a dollar store, bulk food store, grocery store, discount store, and farmers' market within a few minutes' walk of my place of work. I have time to prepare for my week of poverty, doing comparison shopping at different places before the first day of challenge begins (scoped the discount store this morning).


I'm also able to fly back to More Than Enough when the week is over. Thousands in our community aren't.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment